Many small churches have limited budgets and resources available for marketing their Church. However, there are cost-effective strategies for marketing a small church that can help spread the Word and share more about their Church’s mission and activities. Here are some ideas for marketing for small Churches:
- Word of Mouth: One of the most effective (as well as inexpensive) ways to get the word out about a small Church is through word-of-mouth. Ask members of your congregation to tell their friends and family about the church and any upcoming events. It’s true that we normally regularly promote online methods more, but this is an effective “offline” way to bring more people to your Church.
- Social Media: Utilize social media to spread the word about your Church. Create a Facebook page, post updates about church events and activities, and create Facebook events to get more engagement from others. Other social media networks, such as Twitter and Instagram, can also be used to post updates and reach out to potential members. Encourage members of the congregation to share posts and help spread the word. Be sure to post regularly on these pages (including encouraging Bible verses). Don’t post too many links, as the social media networks won’t show your posts as often if you do that too much.
- Flyers: Flyers can be printed fairly cheaply and distributed in the community. Make sure to include a design that catches people’s attention as well as has clear information about the Church.
- Local Events: Participate in local events and festivals in your area as your Church. This will help to get your Church’s name out to the community and bring in guests (including potential new members).
- Local Media: Reach out to local newspapers and radio stations to see if they would be interested in featuring your Church. This can be a great way to get the word out about your Church (especially your upcoming events).
By using these Church marketing strategies, small Churches can spread the word about their ministry and activities on a very tight budget.
(Bonus: Get Google Ad Grants for your Church ($10,000/month in FREE advertising for qualifying nonprofits!), as this is another quick, free way to grow.)
For more tips, subscribe to our social media channels: